Benefit + Awareness Month
Blue Sunday: the Tea Party for M.E.
One of the beloved community celebrations for the ME community is ‘Blue Sunday’, which falls on the Sunday closest to May 12th International Awareness Day for ME & FM. The idea is simple: to make Awareness events accessible for as many people as possible, including chronically ill people who are homebound or bedbound.
This year on Sunday, May 14th, join Opera Mariposa – and people all around the world – to have a cup of tea for a cause:
- Dig out your best cups and saucers
- Wear something blue (yes, pyjamas count!)
- Buy or bake a favourite treat
- Post a photo of your personal home “tea party” to social media using the hashtags #TeaPartyForME2023 and #BlueSunday2023 (and tag #MariposaBlueSunday if you want a chance to be featured by Mariposa!)
- If you can, donate the price you’d pay in a café to our charity fundraiser! (Hint: you can even enter our prize draw to win an amazing basket of organic teas by local tea company Chai Ghai, to replenish your stock!)
- Build community by commenting on other people’s photos and posts from around the world!
Access: Please participate however works best for you, and adapt any elements as needed. Donating is appreciated, but only if you are in the position to do so – raising awareness helps as well!
Discover Blue Sunday
Use #MariposaBlueSunday if you’d like to be featured!
Enjoy more Benefit + Awareness programming
Discover our other digital offerings for May Awareness Month